Wednesday, December 23, 2009

24 1/2 weeks!


I really was ready to jump back into keeping my blog updated weekly, but then was out of town AGAIN last weekend... anyway, here's 24 weeks, a little late:

How far along? 24 weeks, past the viability-marker!
Total weight gain/loss: Up 12.5 lbs at my last appointment (a week ago), I think I've been about the same since then, although the belly continues to grow.
Maternity clothes? I wore maternity pants once, but they still don't fit right. I have the jeans pictured above which still button and are comfortable, as well as one other pair that still buttons. With those and the bella-band I'm still okay in non-maternity stuff. My tops are getting short though, so might need to switch soon.
Best moment this week: Reaching 24 weeks, even though it doesn't really mean much, was pretty great. Runner-ups: Mr. Beaver getting to see movement from the outside (every night now), and friends getting to feel baby moving.
Movement: all.the.time. I don't mind it, but it worries me a little bit that this baby does not seem to sleep, ever! I love the constant reassurance that he or she is still okay in there!
Food cravings: Nothing specific. I feel like I eat a lot, but can't eat too much at a time without feeling sick, like it doesn't all fit.
Gender: Team green! Mr. Beaver thought the bambino was a girl for the longest time, but he is not so sure now. I usually use masculine pronouns, but have no idea whether it is a girl or boy squirming around in there.
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? It is disturbingly out.
What I miss: not much... I guess having a normal-ish belly button!!
What I am looking forward to: Ordering our crib and starting to work on the nursery- hopefully soon!
Weekly wisdom: hmm... advice I need to take- don't eat more than my stomach can currently hold, even if that is less than half of a meal- it is not comfortable!!
Milestones: Passing the 24 week mark, buying coming-home outfits!

No more weekly fruits/veggies...
Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment