Thursday, December 10, 2009

As if the last week+ wasn't bad enough...

I spent last night in labor and delivery :(

Luckily everything is fine, but it was just one more thing to deal with. I had caught a stomach bug, probably from one of the several sick people I was around at the service this past weekend. I couldn't keep even a small sip of water or a few licks of a popsicle for more than 3 minutes, so I got dehydrated pretty quickly. I would've toughed it out if I wasn't pregnant, but I read that dehydration can be bad for the baby, and I just did not want to risk anything happening, so I went in to the ER. I was taken up to labor and delivery (after getting sick in the waiting room-so embarassing) and I found out I was having contractions, which is typical if you are very dehydrated. I had a ton of tests done, and they seemed pretty concerned, but all of the results came back normal. 3000 mL of IV fluid and another 1000 or so oral liquid (once they finally let me have some this morning), and I feel almost back to normal. No more contractions, temperature back to normal, no more vomiting, etc.

So... back to Pittsburgh soon, and I'll see my doctor on Tuesday and get back to a more normal way of life again. And I really will try to get back to updating the blog soon!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you feel better soon! i'm sure things will get back to "normal" and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

    ReplyDelete