Saturday, August 28, 2010

20 Weeks!


Age: 20 weeks tomorrow...only 2 weeks shy of 5 months!

Stats/Size: same as last week, as far as I know

Sleep: I need to write an update on our bedtime routine, but things are getting a little bit better (not with the routine I described). A big success to me is that we have started regular morning naps, usually around 11am, and I have figured out how to help Baby catch up on some sleep here- they have been consistently long, between 1-2.5 hours! It is great to know that I have a stretch of time each morning to do some work, and I feel better knowing that baby is getting this additional sleep.

Eat: eating well, still on-demand and no real schedule. She's healthy and gaining weight- that's all I care about.

Getting Around: Still trying to crawl but I think her arms are just too weak! She seems to have gotten bored of trying so often, which is nice because we don't have to deal with all of her frustration :)

New People: Baby B visited her CMU friends and had a couple of playdates, but nobody new this week.

Best moment this week: laughs at herself in the mirror. It seems easier and easier to get her to laugh!

Worst moment this week: Mr. Beaver trying to help with a night wake-up and waking her up completely... which means an hour of soothing and shushing to get her back to sleep instead of the normal 5-10 min it takes me :(. Oh and having to dump milk I forgot about and left out.

What I miss: Golfing on weekends when the weather is perfect!

What I am looking forward to: Baby gets to watch her first college football game!! And she will meet her uncle and lots of other family at a wedding in less than three weeks.

Weekly Wisdom: All babies are different... just because others go to bed at the same time every night doesn't mean that mine can or will do that. She is such a happy baby- I have to remind myself that that is what is important and as long as she is not cranky or fussy, we are probably doing things the right way for her!

Milestones: Going down for her morning nap without nursing or much work, and staying asleep for a decent amount of time!

Here's the pictures I forgot last week:

No comments:

Post a Comment