Friday, August 20, 2010

4 Month 1 Week appointment!

Baby Beaver is getting so big! We had her 4 month appointment a little late due to our FL trip, so maybe she gained a little extra in that time ;) Her weight is now 15 lb 4 oz, and her length is 25.5 inches! Both put her between 75-90th percentile, with her length somewhere in the mid 80s and weight in the upper 70s- don't remember the exact values. She is getting so heavy, but I think my muscles are growing along with her, since I hold her so much every day. Nursing one-handed is difficult now though, so I'm not as able to multi-task. The shots went a little better this time- she calmed down pretty quickly after getting picked up and was fine once she started nursing, whereas last time she was still crying while she ate (so sad!). The doctor warned that there is usually more of a reaction to this set of vaccines, but she did not have any reaction at all!

I know I promised beach pictures, but I remembered that they are all on my mom's camera and I haven't gotten them from her yet, so all two readers who check here will have to wait! I am so mad at myself-I forgot my camera for our trip!! We left the house at 5 am and I am not a morning person, so I'm not really surprised, but I should've packed it the night before... luckily family members all took pictures for us, now we've just got to wait to get them. For now, here's a series of crawling-attempt pictures for you to enjoy!





Oh, and a picture of the pierced ears- still haven't gotten a great one.

And, to help me in my attempt at more frequent posts, I found a baby blog poll! I know it is not creative at all, but my main purpose here is documenting our baby's milestones and such, not trying to be entertaining :) So here's the first post!

Age: almost 19 weeks!

Stats: 15.25 lb, 25.5 in

Size: fitting pretty well in 3-6 mo clothing. Size 2 diapers fit her well, but she is actually still squeezing into the size 1-2 from Costco without too many leaks!

Sleep: I'm actually a little concerned about this... she usually only gets 10-11 hours TOTAL sleep, with a day or two a week to make up for it with about 13 hours of sleep. Our daycare mentioned that she doesn't sleep much at all compared to other babies... not sure if they were expressing concern or complaining? ;) Nighttime isn't too bad- some nights she only wakes once to eat and other nights twice, but she always goes back to sleep. We've had about 6 nights total of sleeping through the night, but that is out of the ordinary, and I never expect it!

Eat: Still has only eats breastmilk, eating about 8 times a day. We still only use bottles at daycare, although I did let her try out the sippy cup today for the first time for fun. I don't think she actually drank anything... (see below for pics)

Getting Around: See crawling attempt above! She is trying so hard... when she is determined, she moves pretty well! It's more of an army crawl than real crawling though, except that she pushes her head/upper body along with her legs rather than pulling on her forearms.

New People: Baby B finally met her Grandfather (my dad), and met her Aunt and Uncle on Mr. Beaver's side while we were in FL. She also got to meet great Aunts and Uncles, cousins/second cousins, a lot of friends who are like family, and her future best friend :)

Best moment this week: hmmm... in the past few weeks, I'd say meeting her grandpa, and she definitely enjoyed the beach.

Worst moment this week: The dirty diaper on the plane, her fussing on the plane, and her shots...

What I miss: Having a nice cold beer at a bbq or a frozen margarita or rum runner on the beach... it's not so bad, but I do enjoy those drinks so much! I know I could pump, but I'm lazy, and it seems like whenever I do try to be prepared with a bottle she doesn't want it, or won't calm down until I nurse her, so it's just not worth trying.

What I am looking forward to: When she does crawl, I can't wait to see how happy she is! I am already so proud of how determined and persistent she seems to be. I am also excited for her to meet her uncle and lots of other family at a wedding in a few weeks.

Weekly Wisdom: Sit in the aisle seat when you fly with a baby!

Milestones: Baby B laughs much easier now- I think everyone we have visited has gotten to hear/see it! It is crazy how much I love her laugh. And as a bonus, watching a video of it while I pump on daycare days hastens the (milk) let-down!

1 comment:

  1. i love the milestones poll! she is really ready to move! finn still won't even roll over ;)

    i didn't see that you posted about getting her ears pierced - so cute! when are you starting solids? did she enjoy the sippy? i feel like i just want to keep finn as a little baby, with no more new stuff!

    ReplyDelete