Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Busy busy busy :)

We've had a very busy few weeks, and I kinda forgot all about writing here... oops!

A lot of firsts have happened in the past few weeks- first day at daycare, first plane ride and trip to FL, first time at the beach, and first time meeting a lot of family and friends!

Daycare is going really well. I think that only going Tues. and Thurs. is the reason I feel this way- I miss my baby sooo much during the day, but I get to spend the morning with her and then pick her up at 4:30 (or earlier if I choose), and the days actually fly by! I think it would be a lot harder if I went more than one day in a row, but our current schedule is great for me. I love to look at her little report card each day too and see all of the fun things she does. It seems like she is very busy there, which makes me happy. Also, she has had no trouble at all taking a bottle! I'm still trying to figure out how much milk to send, because she eats it all when I increase a half-ounce each day, and then will have a day where she hardly eats at all. They say they don't even know when to feed her, because she doesn't cry or anything, so I think they just give her a bottle every three hours. She still hasn't cried there, which elicits have mixed feelings. Happy that she is having a fun time and isn't stressed or anything, and sad that she doesn't miss me!

Visiting Florida was exhausting, but very fun. Our flight down had a 1 hour scheduled layover that turned into almost three hours, and then we were on the plane an extra hour waiting to get off the first flight and waiting to take off on the second one, so toward the end baby was getting a little fussy, but overall it was not all that stressful! I was sad we got in several hours late and had less time with Nana, but it wasn't terrible. Even though it was hard waking up at 4:30am to get out of the house by 5:15, traveling in the morning was definitely the way to go. Our flight home was direct, but was much harder because baby was so tired and got bored quickly. In the morning, she doesn't mind hanging out on our laps and standing on us while talking and playing. At night, she wants to be on the floor practicing crawling, or she wants to be held while we walk around bouncing her. There is not much room for either of these on a plane! What also made the trip a little more stressful was a poop-splosion (very messy, leaky diaper) on the plane. Luckily they do have an adequate changing table in that tiny bathroom, but it was still a lot of work cleaning up the mess. Plus, there are just the two or three bathrooms on a plane, only one in front that has the changing table. I felt guilty taking so much time in there while other people were probably waiting! On a related note- those little "barf-bags," as we've always called them, are great for containing wet, dirty clothes.

Traveling with a baby was not so bad and it was really great to visit with friends and family and be back "home" for a while, even though it made me pretty homesick for the beach and water (rivers and lakes just aren't the same). I don't know that I would ever get to spend time with my baby if we did live there, though, so that makes me a little happy to be far away ;). Everyone down there LOVED meeting her or seeing her again, and she was passed around quite a bit, despite my protests when I could tell she was getting sick of it. She did amazingly well handling all of the activity and attention, and everyone is convinced she is the perfect baby- which, of course, won't get any arguments from me.

I'm feeling guilty using my limited work time to blog, so I'll save pictures for the next update. Probably will be soon because we've got our 4-month appointment tomorrow (a little late-oops!). I'm anxious to see the official weight and length measurements and see how much our baby has grown in the past 2 months! Hopefully the shots are as quick and painless as possible and baby doesn't have sore legs like last time. Then we're back to normal life for a month before our next trip (family wedding) and first football game (go 'Canes!)!
Stay tuned for cute beach pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment