Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy labor day weekend!

Age: 21 weeks tomorrow...almost five months old already

Stats/Size: Baby weighed 16 lbs yesterday on our scale at home!! I've started washing the 6 mo and 6-9 month clothing and it actually fits her pretty well.We have started using overnight diapers, and they are size 3 and fitting well enough. She's growing so fast!

Sleep: We've transitioned to the crib! She has slept in it three nights now, and it doesn't seem like she notices the difference. Naps are still going extremely well, and Baby seems to have changed her bedtime on her own now, she has fallen asleep between 7 and 7:30 the past three nights, but only stayed asleep two of those nights. Last night she kept waking up and I would soothe her back to sleep, and she'd be up again 5 minutes later. After doing this about 8 times, we just let her get up. This was around 8:30, and she ended up going back to sleep around 10:30. I'm working on adjusting her nursing schedule to work with this new sleep schedule... she has been waking up twice to eat instead of once now. It's not bad- about 15 minutes of her chugging down milk in her sleep and then we're both back to bed.

Eat: eating well, still on-demand. She's healthy and gaining weight- that's all I care about.

Getting Around: Mr. Beaver is convinced that she is crawling at daycare and they keep hinting to me to see if she has done it at home... but I think if she could do it there, she would do it here. She is able to move pretty well in her belly-ish crawl (reverse army crawl?), so I think there is not much motivation to work on hand-and-knees crawling.

New People: The daycare expanded the infant room, so Baby B has a few new friends there! She used to be the only girl on Tues/Thurs, but now there are a couple more. I think there are still only 6 babies max though, so I feel comfortable with the expansion :)

Best moment this week: Watching Mr. Beaver with Baby... he seems to spend more and more time playing with her the more she is able to interact with him and her toys. I love seeing it, they both seem so happy!

Worst moment this week: Hmmm... maybe accepting that it really doesn't seem like a good idea to bring Baby to a night-time, college football game, and starting to think about a babysitter :( I don't know how I'm going to leave her at night, for so many hours, for the first time... I still only really leave her when I have to for work or for a 5 min trip to the store.

What I miss: Being able to enjoy my coffee on weekend mornings, but I get to enjoy Baby's smile instead, so it's okay if my coffee gets a little cold while I am busy with her.

What I am looking forward to: Baby B is participating in her first study with the Infant Cognition lab. I'm hoping it will be something fun and interesting :)

Weekly Wisdom: The $1 board books in target's "value section" are a great chew-toy, but don't get upset when the pages then stick together.

Milestones: Sleeping in her own room at night!

I've been trying to upload a pic for a while now and am giving up- I'll post it later. I'm off to microwave my coffee from this morning :)

Update- picture working now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment