Sunday, November 22, 2009

Half Baked!

Our bun is half-baked ;)

After counting the weeks up, it's time to start counting down!!


Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

How far along? 20 weeks!!! Halfway!
Total weight gain/loss: I was right about a weight jump these past couple of weeks- I was up 5lbs at my appointment, putting me at 11lbs total gain!
Maternity clothes? I've been sticking to the few jeans that still button or wearing the belly band, or I wear a dress with leggings or tights. More comfortable right now than anything else.
Sleep: So so, nothing interesting.
Best moment this week: Finding out that our baby has no signs of any problems!
Movement: Baby is either a lot more active all of a sudden, or the gum drop has gotten quite a bit stronger/bigger. The movements are pretty frequent and there is no mistaking them! Mr. Beaver is still a little impatient, but has felt baby moving a few more times.
Food cravings: Nothing unusual, I do give into cravings a little more than I did pre-preg, but the actual cravings are no different than they ever were.
Gender: Team green! No turning back... even the ultrasound techs and doctor didn't bother looking, so nobody knows!
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? Sticking out more and more every week. So gross.
What I miss: feeling healthy... I get tired/out of breath quickly, and need naps some days. My heart beats harder just from walking up the stairs in our house...
What I am looking forward to: Seeing family when we go to FL this week! Thanksgiving, our first baby shower!
Weekly wisdom: nothing comes to mind...
Milestones: Passing the half-way point!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment