Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wow- 17 weeks!

I can't believe I hit 17 weeks yesterday- the weeks seem to by flying by!


Ugh- I've always hated my outie-belly-button but I really am hating it these days. My mom recently had surgery to make hers an innie... I might need to do this some day.

Anyway, this week's survey:

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.


How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: guessing I'm up ~6 or 7 lbs total.
Maternity clothes? I have some, but haven't worn them yet. Wearing the belly bands daily though! Also experimenting with sweater dresses and other dresses over turtleneckes with stockings.
Sleep: Still not great, but wasn't too tired this week.
Best moment this week: Mr. Beaver commenting that I was starting to look pregnant!
Movement: Every once in a while I think I feel something, but I'm not sure if it's the baby or not. I'm hoping for feeling something soon that I know for sure is the baby.
Food cravings: I don't have cravings like I've always imagined them, but I have noticed I'm in the mood for specific things lately. One day I was in the mood for fried food, and a couple of other days nothing really sounded appetizing besides salad. I guess these were minor cravings...
Gender: Team green! After Nov. 9, there is no turning back... only a couple more weeks to stay strong!
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? Sticking out more and more every week. So gross.
What I miss: Nothing really, I guess it was a little strange not drinking on halloween, but I didn't really miss it.
What I am looking forward to: Telling work- it didn't happen last week, but will most likely happen tomorrow! and of course feeling the baby move (and knowing for sure that it is what I am feeling)
Weekly wisdom: Registering is really difficult- it's not easy to pick out stuff without having done the research already, unless you just go by appearance alone!
Milestones: Making the first purchase for the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment