Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holy Moly!

the reason/result of my crazy appetite this week is pretty obvious by my growing belly!!

I will post pictures tomorrow with clothes on- I think this week my gut finally started looking like a baby bump!

I'm using a different baby description this week, thebump.com's was kinda gross and not very fun at all.

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

How far along? 19 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I think I might've jumped 2-3 lbs this week... so up 9 or 10 total now. We'll find out for sure on Tuesday.
Maternity clothes? I've actually been wearing the couple of jeans that still button or dresses this week, but I think I may need to try the maternity jeans this week...we'll see.
Sleep: I've been sleepy, nothing really interesting to report.
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby on the ultrasound!!! Best moment of the pregnancy.
Movement: I am definitely feeling it, although not very strong yet. Mr. Beaver felt it a little bit Monday night, but isn't patient enough to feel it regularly yet...
Food cravings: Nothing specific, but I have been very hungry!
Gender: Team green! But we do need to stay strong through one more ultrasound now...
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? Sticking out more and more every week. So gross.
What I miss: Being able to walk the dog without getting out of breath. The hills kill me! By the time I get to the top of the cross country trail we walk my heart is pounding, and I make Lili pull me up!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby again at our bonus ultrasound Tuesday :)
Weekly wisdom: Ask for pictures you want to be printed during your ultrasound...I wish I would've requested a pic of our baby's tiny little feet, but at the end we just got a long strip of profile shots. It was very nice of her to give us so many, but I wish I would've asked her to print one when we saw the little feet!
Milestones: Being sure that I what I am feeling is the baby, and seeing our baby with a healthy, normal brain/heart/etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment