Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Superbowl!

Congrats Saints! And go Tony H.- way to represent PCHS! :)

this week's belly pic:
Baby is growing!!!
Baby's now the size of a squash!
Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)

How far along? 31 Weeks! I can't believe that number is so high already...
Total weight gain/loss: Was up 19 lbs at my appointment, am sure I am to 20 now.
Maternity clothes? Yup!
Best moment this week: getting all the tape off the walls and moving the furniture back in the nursery!
Movement: still tons! the baby seems to be very strong! I think he or she is sideways, so it's quite interesting to see my stomach bulging out on both sides at the same time... I wish I could figure out what parts of baby's body we are seeing!
Gender: Team green! Still no feelings toward either gender.
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? It is disturbingly out.
What I miss: still warm weather, especially after all of the snow this weekend!!!!!
Weekly wisdom: Don't try to hide belly movement in public with your arms... it actually draws attention to it and then people will stare at your stomach until they see movement themselves, which can be quite uncomfortable...
Milestones: I think that we have everything "big" that we need for baby's arrival!! Besides one bookshelf from Ikea that we will get soon, we've got the nursery crib and dresser, crib mattress and changing pad, the glider and ottoman, the pack-n-play with bassinet, swing, bouncy chair, video monitor, car seat/travel system... I'm sure I'm missing something... I know there are still plenty of little things we need, but I feel very comfortable that we have almost everything we need now! Very exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment