Sunday, February 21, 2010

wow...33 weeks!!

And I think I've popped again :)

Friday night (one day shy of 33 weeks) compared to 8 weeks prior in same sweater:


I can't believe how much my belly sticks out in this picture!!! Luckily (for my self-image) I'm still at the point where people tell me I look cute/great/etc. and not getting the, "wow you look like you're ready to pop!", "Are you sure there's only one in there?", "Oh my gosh- you're HUGE!" etc. comments that I hear other pregnant gals vent about. I do think I'm close, though... a direct quote from my mom's e-mail reply to this picture- "OMG...... your poor little belly looks like it's sticking so far out that it hurts! Wow..... " I think if it had come from anyone other than my mom it might have bothered me a little bit! I can't even imagine how much bigger I am going to get in the next 7 or so weeks, though. I am sure the unpleasant comments will come... or maybe I'll get lucky and my belly will stay how it is and somehow make other room for the growing baby :)

Speaking of the baby...
Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.


Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.



How far along? 33 Weeks, less than 50 days to go!
Total weight gain/loss: At the last appointment, 23 lbs... probably 24 now.
Sleep: Surprisingly decent the past couple of days, but it is increasingly difficult to get comfortable. I am sleeping with a big, long, curvy pregnancy pillow, as well as THREE regular pillows at this point. It takes a while to adjust them all when I go to bed, and it is almost as much work each time I have to switch sides (which happens several times when my shoulder/hip/ear/etc. gets sore) or when I have to get up to pee.
Best moment this week: Even though I don't like the idea of getting older, we had a pretty great time celebrating my birthday Friday :)
Movement: Seems to be settling down a little bit the past couple of days- and I'm feeling it more inside and low lately instead of outside and on the sides. It's still pretty constant though, just not as noticeable if I'm not paying attention.
Food cravings: still nothing! Some days I don't even have much of an appetite. I'd say if I ever crave anything, it's just liquid- I still get pretty thirsty all of a sudden.
Gender: Back to not having a clue or any intuitive feelings at all!
Labor signs: Hopefully will keep away for at least four more weeks (when I will be considered full-term!)
Belly Button in or out? Blah- don't even want to think about it. I'm considering asking our photographer to photoshop and make it a little (or a lot) smaller when we get our maternity pics done!
What I miss: It was a little sad going to the local ski lift today and not being able to participate, especially because they had an awesome looking tubing trail set up. And when we got there we realized that lift tickets are free for the whole month! And all I could do was hang out at the bottom and watch Mr. Beaver and play with Lili (yes, I brought our dog to the ski park... I get too bored being alone haha...)
What I am looking forward to: I am calling a photographer I found to schedule our maternity photo session for when I am 35 weeks! Also, we start Lamaze classes this week, and have our breastfeeding class.
Weekly wisdom: When someone is obviously chasing you down because he notices you are pregnant, don't worry about being rude and pretending not to notice him. I tried to be polite when the grocery store employee left the line of carts he was pushing to come and talk to me... it turned into an awkward and slightly scary situation. Luckily I avoided the belly rubbing that I could see was coming and escaped with a congratulatory hand shake thanks to my use of full grocery bags as a shield. Still not a comfortable situation at 10 pm in a dark parking lot alone, 7 1/2 months pregnant!
Milestones: turning another year older, and I am less than a week away from the point where my doctors will do nothing to stop labor if it starts naturally, not that I want that to happen any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment