Monday, January 25, 2010

29 weeks+

A few days late, but here is my 29 week report!
I am getting noticeably bigger each week. I think the baby is gaining a good 1/2 lb each week, so figure that goes directly in the belly, and I gain another 1/2 lb or so, pretty much spread out all over...

How far along? 29 weeks! It is going to be very scary to hit 30 for some reason... it's scary enough to think about being in my 30th week now.
Total weight gain/loss: Up 18 lbs at my appt almost a week ago, so I'm sure I'm up a solid 19 now. The weight gain is getting faster!
Maternity clothes? I am mostly in maternity pants now. I go back and forth between maternity and non-maternity tops, the big issue just finding shirts long enough to cover the belly.
Best moment this week: Hmm I think it was actually work related- a big/difficult part of my project came through, getting me one step closer to possibly finishing it before the baby comes!
Movement: Lots and lots. There was one day where I went almost 24 hours without feeling much movement at all and it was actually a little scary- but I was pretty busy so maybe just not paying attention. Luckily the baby started moving more than ever and hasn't stopped then! I actually think it may have been due to a growth spurt- this kid seems to be getting pretty big based on the way my whole bump shifts when he or she moves around.
Food cravings: none really, although I have gotten in the habit of eating ice cream almost every night... and it's hard to limit myself to the tiny 1/2 cup serving size on the label!
Gender: Team green! Still no feelings toward either gender.
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? It is disturbingly out.
What I miss: Sleeping through the night :( I am tired.
What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery, our classes, even though they are still a month away!
Weekly wisdom: Unfortunately, daycare does seem to be one of those you-get-what-you-pay for type of things... of course the one I liked the best and felt most comfortable with is the most expensive. Not great news to come at the same time as finding out I will be working Sept. - Dec. without any income.
Milestones: Choosing a color for the nursery and getting the walls all washed, taped, and ready to paint! Also, getting back in the habit of working out- it feels great, but has only been a week so far...we'll see if it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment