Saturday, January 9, 2010

91 days to go!


I still can't believe I'm less than 100 days away from my due date!

Today was a long day of shopping for maternity clothes and nursery stuff. As you can see in this week's pic, I'm definitely in need of maternity stuff now!

This week's blurb:

Got a sudden pain in your rear? That's just baby, settling into place for his upcoming debut. His head might be pressing on your sciatic nerve, which can cause pain and numbness down the backs of your legs. Don't worry -- it'll ease up soon after labor. For now, your aching back deserves a pat. You've reached trimester three!

Baby is still about the size of an eggplant and/or 13" boot, but I think maybe we move on to new pictures next week!

How far along? 27 weeks!!
Total weight gain/loss: Was up 15lbs total at my appointment on Tuesday
Maternity clothes? My regular shirts have started getting too short to hide the belly, so I'm about half maternity, half pre-preg tops. Pants I'm alternating between my one pair of maternity jeans and the two pre-preg jeans that still fit, but I got another pair of maternity jeans today, and will definitely be wearing them!
Best moment this week: Mr. Beaver and I watched in awe as some part of baby- either the head or bum I'm guessing- moved around the side of my belly. It was so weird! Pretty big too, about the size of a tennis ball! Just now I saw the same movement on the other side... I guess baby still has room to move all around!
Movement: See last answer! The movement is practically non-stop, and even though it's still a little strange, I love it!
Food cravings: Still none! Don't really feel like I'm missing out.
Gender: Team green! Still no feelings toward either gender.
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? It is disturbingly out.
What I miss: not much... Having a normal-ish belly button!!, not showing signs of a muffin top... it's not bad, but every now and then I have to adjust my pants to correct the little bulge starting to form over my waist bands :(
What I am looking forward to: Putting together the crib and dresser in the nursery!! Both are in boxes in our basement. Mr. Beaver said we will finish cleaning the room out tomorrow. Let's see if that happens with football on...
Weekly wisdom: Be careful around dogs- they don't know you are pregnant and may step on the poor baby without realizing it! Our pup stepped right where baby's bum/head bump was the other day while trying to get comfortable next to me. Poor little guy!
Milestones: I am in my 3rd trimester!!!! Start bi-weekly appointments already! So crazy...

3rd Tri Belly Pic:

And a pic of the baby/belly stomper (because she is so cute and I haven't posted her pic yet!)

(Cuddling with me in my new U.Miami snuggie, and a pic in her new hoodie-which she is obsessed with- with her xmas presents)

1 comment:

  1. you look fantastic! muffin top? where? you are all belly and it looks perfect!

    baby stomper's hoodie is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete