Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! 26 Weeks done!

Happy New Year! Hope you had a great time celebrating the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010! We had a lot of fun, I stayed up a lot later than I expected to, and I got a good sugar buzz from my sparkling grape juice :)
I feel like this year is going to be full of new and exciting experiences, besides becoming parents, I will probably (hopefully!) be finishing school, deciding on a plan for my future career, and hopefully getting a job, which could all lead to a big move. Of course the "becoming parents" part is by far the most exciting!! My very noticeable belly is a constant reminder of the big changes coming in just a few more months:


Baby's still an eggplant for a while...
According to the "Father's Guide", this month the baby is about the size of a 13" boot:


How far along? 26 weeks, almost done with the 2nd trimester
Total weight gain/loss: Maybe around 15 lbs?
Maternity clothes? I got a great pair of jeans that actually fit and wore them for New Year's- it was great! They were actually more cute than some of my normal jeans... Other than that, still mostly in pre-preg. clothes.
Best moment this week: Ringing in the new year, the year our baby will be born!
Movement: Tons- very fun!
Food cravings: Had a good appetite this week, but still no specific cravings.
Gender: Team green! Still no feelings toward either gender.
Labor signs: no thank you!
Belly Button in or out? It is disturbingly out.
What I miss: not much... I guess having a normal-ish belly button!!
What I am looking forward to: Putting together the crib!! It is in a box in our basement. There is room in the nursery but I think Mr. Beaver wants to clean the room out completely before putting the crib in :(
Weekly wisdom: Hmm my brain isn't working so well, no wisdom here...
Milestones: Picked, ordered, and received the crib! Still have to decide how to decorate the nursery, but at least we've got it started! The office has been moved, now we've just got to empty all of the random junk left over in the room.
Also, the big milestone- Less than 100 days left!!! Yesterday began the 99 day countdown!
I am starting to feel a little time pressure, even though I know I've still got three months. I am thinking I should start talking to my doctors about the whole labor and delivery process. I have a good idea of what I want and don't want, and don't really know how my practice's OBs feel when it comes to induction, epidurals, episiotomies, c-sections, etc. I guess I will bring it up at my next appointment. Even more pressing is my work, like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I may be finishing school in about 9 months which means I've got a lot to do, and a lot to think about. Unfortunately I'm having SO much trouble thinking about anything other than the baby, nursery, etc. and haven't been working as much as I should.
Maybe that will be my new year's resolution- work at least a full 40 hours a week before spending time thinking about baby stuff!! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment