Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh yeah...

I guess I forgot to post that I successfully proposed my dissertation yesterday :)
It is a HUGE relief to have it done!!! There is still a lot of work to do- like running all of the studies I proposed- but at least the work has been approved, so they have to give me my degree if I do everything I said I will do ;)
It is the first time in 4 years that I have felt pretty confident that I will indeed graduate! I have always hoped I would, obviously, but really didn't feel sure that I would stick it out until now. I know it's going to be a lot more complicated and difficult once the baby is here, but luckily the studies are all designed and ready to go, so that part is taken care of, and then all I've really got left is the data work (which is a part I actually enjoy) and the writing- which can all be done at home and is very flexible schedule-wise. Data collection will be tricky, but I've got some funding to hire someone to help, and my mom is planning to be here as much as I need her to. The plan is for her to watch the baby while I collect data, but to be on-site so that I can nurse and see the baby as often as I need to! I've been thinking more and more about spreading the work out over the next year instead of summer/fall semester, but I think I will play it by ear for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment