Thursday, March 4, 2010

35 Week appointment

Just a quick update!
My appointment today was great. I love being the first or last one of the day, because the whole thing takes 15 minutes from when I walk in the office until I leave!

Everything seems to be fine for now :) I actually was the same weight as two weeks ago, but I think that may have been influenced by the time of the appointment- the last one was at 7pm after a whole day of eating and drinking, and today's was 8am by which point I only had time for a fruit smoothie and slice of toast with peanut butter... I was just happy not to see another big 4+lbs jump. Blood pressure was normal, the gum drop's heart rate was a healthy 152, and I'm still not swelling at all which I guess is a good sign!

Two especially positive updates- the baby is definitely growing: I measured 3 cm growth in 2 weeks time! Now I'm hardly measuring small at all. The doctor said that it was great growth from the last appointment :) Also, I have been worried that baby Beaver is sideways because of the bulges I feel on opposite sides of my abdomen. Apparently I am feeling a butt on one side like I thought, but the other side isn't a head, it's feet! The doctor said it feels like he or she is head down, which is very very good news!! I love how the doctors make me feel so good about my pregnancy, like everything is going so well because of my actions, like I can control it :)

In other updates, we have now finished our breastfeeding class, our infant safety and cpr class, and two of five lamaze/childbirth classes. So far I think they have all been worthwhile, and have helped me feel more and more confident. Besides the lamaze classes I am reading a book on the Bradley method, and they are actually very similar so far. Traditional lamaze teaches ways of distracting yourself from pain, while our instructor seems to include distraction as a method of controlling pain, but also emphasizes relaxation as a way of controlling and dealing with pain. From what I've read so far, this is what I've interpreted to be the method used in the Bradley techniques (I'm only about halfway through the book though). Learning about these methods, as well as Mr. Beaver's continuing confidence and assurance that I am awesome at dealing with pain and will be completely fine, have definitely kept my confidence high and my fears low... for now at least :)

Still to come in the next few weeks: baby care class, hospital tour, and maternity pictures!! Also I am now to the point of weekly doctor appointments... time is flying by!!

2 comments:

  1. And don't forget some showerings of love from an M&N visit :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you all the luck with bradley/lamaze. i really wanted to read about it...but someone wasn't willing to wait a few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete