Monday, March 22, 2010

Your Baby: Month 9

At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.


How far along? 37 weeks... that's only 21 days to go! (actually posting this late- 19 days to go!)
Total weight gain/loss: Hmm not sure... between 25-28 lbs...I've been hungry
Sleep: I have some nights where I wake up and can't get back to sleep, but mostly sleep is okay still.
Best moment this week: Finishing hanging the pictures/mobile/decal in the nursery... it feels so much more done now!
Movement: Still a lot, but not as big and noticeable now that baby is running out of room.
Food cravings: nothing out of the ordinary with my eating habits from pre-pregnancy
Gender: will find out very soon!
Labor signs: none yet...hopefully will stay away for at least a week!
Belly Button in or out? very out. eww.
What I miss: Still wearing cute clothes...
What I am looking forward to: proposing my dissertation so that I can feel ready for the baby to come :)
Weekly wisdom: Get the carseat inspected! Our class covered car seat safety for a loooong time, and Mr. Beaver was sure that he knew how to do it correctly. It was correct, but not nearly tight enough. I am so relieved we had it re-installed... I guess the 40 hours of training they go through really does make a difference :)
Milestones: I'm full term!

No comments:

Post a Comment