Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Appointment!

Today is my first appointment with my OB. It is only a "confirmation" appointment, so I don't think they will do much. It sounds like many of the girls I "talk" to on a pregnancy messageboard get ultrasounds at their first appointment, but I think it will be too early for me today.
Will come back with an update in a few hours!!

UPDATE!!
The appointment went well :)
It was mostly what I expected- weight, blood pressure, info on what to eat, etc. I didn't expect an internal exam, because I had just gotten my annual pap done a few weeks ago. The dr. did do one though, to check my uterus. She said it felt "very pregnant!" That made me very happy!

I went to the lab right after my appointment to get my bloodwork done. I'm not sure exactly what they were testing, but they took about 6 vials of blood!! I get more taken Saturday, and then they will look at my HCG numbers to make sure that they at least double. I go back to the OB in early September, when they think we will be able to see the heartbeat!!! So exciting! I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment