Sunday, August 2, 2009

Time to start a blog...

I've been thinking about doing it for a while, but after our exciting news this week I decided it was finally time to start a blog.

We're having a baby!!!

I don't know that anyone will actually read this blog for a while, as we aren't sure when we will tell the families, but it seems like a blog is a great place way to think, reflect, vent, and all of the other stuff that I'm sure I will need to do over the next nine months. Besides, my friends already get annoyed with how much I go on about our furbaby, I can imagine none of them will stick around if they are my only outlet for all of my obsessive baby ramblings!

It is still very early, and we are still very cautious. Online due date calculators estimate my due date to be between April 10-14, 2010, which puts me right around 4 weeks now. I'm anxiously awaiting my "confirmation appointment" this Thursday, even though I have no idea what will happen! Hopefully I will at least get some information that everything is going OK so far and we have a healthy baby on the way. For now I'm just waiting for the books I've ordered to get here so I can start reading up on what's going to happen to me and everything I should and shouldn't be doing! Expect reviews on What to Expect When You're Expecting, The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy, Your Pregnancy Week by Week, in the next few weeks ;) Maybe I can even get my husband to report on The Expectant Father. Can you tell I'm a little anxious?! We are just so excited and I need to feel some sense of control, which I know I really don't right now.

Here's to a happy and healthy nine months!!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment